A double chin can be distressing and cosmetically unattractive. This aesthetic issue may come about for a variety of reasons, including:
• Aging: Due to the aging process and tissue loss near the cheeks, the skin tends to slide and sag under the chin as the skin loses its elasticity.
• Genetics: The chance of developing a double chin is higher when someone from your family line has one.
Earlier, to get rid of a double chin, you had to undergo invasive surgical procedures such as liposuction and the facelift. Thanks to Kybella, this is no longer the case!
Launched by Kythera Pharmaceuticals, Kybella is a non-surgical injectable treatment that can make your double chin disappear forever. It is the only non-surgical double-chin treatment available to the public and has been approved by FDA.
Let’s take a look at Kybella and why it is preferred over traditional methods of removing a double chin.
What Is Kybella?
Kybella is a new injectable that has the power to destroy the fat cells stored below the chin. It contains deoxycholic acid, which is found naturally in the body. Deoxycholic acid is a key player in managing fat in the body. When it is administered into the body, the targeted fat cells die. This will result in the removal of the double chin and an overall better facial profile.
What Are the Benefits of Kybella?
Kybella comes with numerous benefits:
• No Anesthesia: Kybella is a non-invasive treatment. That means there isn’t a need for a surgery unlike other methods to remove fat below the chin.
• No Downtime: Because Kybella is an injectable, you won’t have to go under the knife to get rid of your double chin. You can pay a visit to the doctor during your lunch hour, get your Kybella injections, and then take a rest for a while before getting back on your feet and heading back to work. You won’t even have to wear a head wrap, which is mandatory when you get liposuction done.
• Permanent Fat Destruction: With Kybella, you will need to visit your doctor regularly for up to six months, after which you will be done with the treatment forever! For the rest of your life, you won’t have to ever worry about your double chin making its second appearance. Why? Kybella permanently destroys the fat cells below the chin (in the submental region), which means they won’t come back.
• Quick Procedure: The standard time for a Kybella treatment is only 20 to 30 minutes. With the short procedure time and no downtime, you’ll be back to your daily schedule in no time!
• FDA Approved: Kybella has been approved by the FDA. What that translates into is that it is a proven method of fat reduction. It’s safe for most people out there.
• Look Younger: Don’t you love it when someone tells you that you look young for your age? Well, with Kybella, you may be hearing that much more often. With the fat underneath your chin gone, your entire appearance will be refreshed.
Contact Us to Learn More About Kybella
There are a lot of people out there who exercise regularly and eat balanced diets to get rid of their double chin, but these methods often do not prove to be effective. Try Kybella – you’ll be amazed by how quickly your appearance improves.
Dr. Mirwat Sami is a board-certified ophthalmologist specializing in Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Schedule a Kybella consultation with Dr. Sami – contact our office today.