As a result of the aging process, stress, gravity, and even excessive pulling of the skin, a person’s eyelids can start to sag and hood over the eyes. Loose sagging eyelids hanging over the eyes have many negative effects. They can disturb the beautiful appearance of the eyes and can also make a person look years older than they actually are.
Drooping eyelids can even physically block your line of sight, impairing your vision. When the upper eyelids droop over the eyes, it can hamper your vision, which can be irritating and even dangerous during activities like driving or running.
If you’re experiencing this unfortunate issue, pay a visit to Houston Oculofacial Plastic Surgery. At Houston Oculofacial, we’re able to rejuvenate your eyelids with the help of eyelid surgery, also known as blepharoplasty.
What Is Eyelid Surgery? What Is It Helpful For?
The best plastic surgery option for tightening droopy hooded eyelids is blepharoplasty. This surgical procedure will help improve the appearance of your eyelids and tighten them to remove the hooded look of the eyelids.
Tightening hooded eyelids can help you see clearly again, improving your quality of life. It can also help you look years younger. We can perform this surgery on the upper eyelids to correct the drooping of both lids.
What Can Blepharoplasty Help Achieve?
Eyelid surgery from Dr. Mirwat Sami can help achieve numerous eyelid corrections, not just hooding of the lids. Blepharoplasty surgery can do the following:
• It can tighten the skin of the upper and/or lower eyelids to improve the overall appearance of the eyelids.
• It can help improve any functional problems that you are having with the eyelids, such as excessive sagging of the skin and even twitching of the eyelids that can impair your vision.
• It can help improve fine lines, folds, and wrinkles around the eyes and eyelids by removing excess tissue, smoothing out and tightening the skin of the eyelids.
• It can help you look many years younger and improve the appearance of your entire face.
• It can remove or reposition fatty deposits in the eyelids that give them a puffy or swollen appearance. This corrects a constantly tired look.
• It can help correct drooping lower eyelids that reveal the white color of your iris.
Upper-Eyelid Surgery – The Procedure
Once the patient is administered with anesthesia to make the procedure more comfortable, Dr. Sami makes incisions within the natural creases of the upper eyelids so that the incisions are camouflaged after surgery.
Dr. Sami then removes excess skin and fatty deposits and tightens the underlying muscles of the eyelids. She may also reposition the skin if necessary. This tightens the region and removes hooding.
The incisions are then closed with the help of sutures or skin glue. The results are seen almost immediately, and sutures can be removed in a week’s time. If dissolvable sutures are used, they will not need to be removed.
Schedule a Consultation at Houston Oculofacial Plastic Surgery
Ready to correct eyelid hooding and any other eyelid issues you may have? Get in touch with Dr. Mirwat Sami, an experienced and skilled board-certified ophthalmologist specializing in Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. To make an appointment, contact our office. Dr. Sami will be happy to help you tighten and rejuvenate your eyelids.