Correcting cosmetic imperfections has become much easier over the years. However, this has created a new problem: there are so many options out there that it is hard to choose the right one. What works for one person doesn’t always work so well for another.
The key, then, is to work with a skilled medical professional to choose the treatment that best suits your condition. One of the most common reasons why people choose cosmetic treatments is to correct the various signs of aging, like wrinkles and fine lines. Restylane at Houston Oculofacial Plastic Surgery is one of the most popular choices when it comes to non-surgical ways to correct wrinkles.
What Is Restylane?
Restylane is a dermal filler that is injected into the skin in order to erase unwanted lines and wrinkles and to give a natural plumpness to the affected area. Restylane is a hyaluronic-acid filler that can correct the nasolabial folds, marionette lines, parentheses lines, and many more types of facial wrinkles.
With no incisions or scars involved, this procedure is ideal for people who are afraid of going under the knife. This also means that the results look quite natural; there is no sign that a cosmetic procedure has been performed.
Who Can Benefit from Our Restylane Treatments?
Once you decide to get a Restylane treatment, Dr. Mirwat Sami will perform an examination in order to rule out any risks and allergies. Healthy patients are ideal for this procedure. Patients without a history of administration of drugs that might interfere with the clotting of blood can opt for the treatment.
Typically, anyone who fits the above conditions and is looking for a visible reduction in the appearance of lines and wrinkles may be good candidates for this treatment method.
Benefits of Our Restylane Treatments
• One benefit of Restylane treatments is the fact that even though they are non-surgical, the results are on par with those obtained through a surgical procedure.
• The hyaluronic acid present in fillers is a naturally occurring sugar similar to that found in the human body. It is easily absorbed by the tissues without any negative effects. Once absorbed, it helps to increase the natural smoothness and volume of the skin.
• Most cases can be treated with only one or two sessions of Restylane treatment.
• The duration for which the results last after treatment varies depending on many factors. They can last on average for six to twelve months. The way that the patient’s skin reacts to the fillers has an impact on how long results last. The skin care routine followed after the treatment can also determine the effectiveness of the treatment. Taking good care of the skin, staying hydrated, keeping the skin moisturized, protecting it before stepping out in the sun, and avoiding the use of harsh chemicals can all make the results last longer.
• Each session takes only an hour or less to perform, and the results can be seen quickly. As Restylane is easily accepted by the skin, the success rate of the treatment is known to be high.
Restylane Injections at Houston Oculofacial Plastic Surgery
At Houston Oculofacial Plastic Surgery, Dr. Mirwat Sami regularly offers patients solutions for their aesthetic issues. Dr. Sami is a skilled board-certified ophthalmologist specializing in Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. To schedule your informative consultation, contact our office today.